Consolidation in the West and new capacities in the East with leading Asian groups emerging
In the last few years, the technical compounding industry has seen some significant changes at the top, with capacities building in Eastern Europe to serve the automotive industry and consolidation of major players in Western Europe. This new edition reveals all of the latest developments amongst the leading technical compounders in Europe and the emergence of Asian groups seeking to build a customer base in Europe.
This publication identifies the 50 largest technical compounding groups in Europe. A detailed profile of each group is given for major technical compounders including Ravago, A. Schulman and PolyOne, as well as individual independent technical compounders in all the main technical compounding sectors, including: polyolefin compounding, engineering polymer compounding, flame retardant compounding, colour compounding, compounding for the automotive industry and compounding for the pipe and cable industries.
- Corporate details: Head office address, telephone, fax numbers, e-mail and web site address.
- Ownership details: Name of the ultimate holding company or whether or not publicly or privately held.
- Business overview: A review of the corporate strategy and development to date in compounding, including recent acquisitions, divestments, investments or other significant business changes.
- Financial results: Five year results for the period 2008-2012, with 2013 stated where available, plus estimates of the proportion of turnover in technical compounding.
- Thermoplastic compounding operations: A complete listing of all plants operated in Europe with estimated thermoplastics compound production for 2013.
- Non-European operations: This indicates where else in the world the group or company has compounding operations.
- Products: An assessment of the main types of compounds produced.
- Other activities: An indication of the company’s involvement in other sectors of the plastics processing industry.
In addition this report also provides an overview of the compounding market in Europe. A comprehensive introduction also analyses the top 50 groups by polymer throughput.
The report is available in pdf and wil be available in book format at the end of March.