Interesting reading for anyone looking at developing materials and technologies for alternative energy production, this book offers a broader perspective.
Contributors describes and compares the environmental and economic impacts of renewable and conventional power generation technologies.
Major topic areas include: Economic comparisons of power generation technologies, Efficiency comparisons of power generation technologies, Methods of improving the environmental impact of conventional technologies, Solar thermal systems, Photovoltaics, Fuel cell technologies, Geothermal power generation, Hydroelectric power generation, Wind power generation, Cogeneration, The hydrogen economy, Energy efficient building design, Industrial energy conservation, and Codes, standards and legislation, and others.
1. Economic Comparisons of Power Generation Technologies (Todd Nemec).
2. Solar Energy Applications (Jan F. Kreider).
3. Fuel Cells (Matthew W. Mench).
4. Geothermal Resources and Technology: An Introduction (Peter D. Blair).
5. Wind Power Generation (Todd Nemec).
6. Cogeneration (Jerald Caton).
7. Hydrogen Energy (Elias K. Stefanakos, Yogi Goswami, S.S. Srinivasan, and J.T. Wolan).
8. Clean Power Generation from Coal (Prabir Basu and James Butler).
9. Using Waste Heat from Power Plants (Herbert A. Ingley).