Polymers in photovoltaics applications - the global market
Date of publication: 2012
Fossil fuels are not an infinite source of energy. Demand for renewable energy sources intensifies as these resources deplete and the manufacture of solar cells and photovoltaic arrays is a focus for intense international research and development. The photovoltaic industry's most pressing challenge in 2010 is to make enough economies in manufacturing that they can be cost-effective and sustainable without subsidies. New manufacturing technology includes many innovations in polymer materials for module components. Polymers can bring their chemical resistance, flexibility, availability and easy processability to the industry. Their flexibility is of particular interest in small portable cells and in building integrated photovoltaics. Polymers are found in components including front sheet materials, encapsulants, thin film substrates, photoactive layers, support casings, back sheet materials, high performance seals, adhesives and as a glass replacement in front covers and concentrating lenses. Durability and weatherability are key to effective photovoltaic performance and these requirements also play to polymers' strengths.
Within each region the study provides comprehensive information as follows:
- Supply and demand of polymer components to the photovoltaics industry.
- Capacity by country
- Production by country
- An analysis of the industry structure
- A description of the leading players by application
- Demand by country
- Demand by polymer
The detailed statistical appendix provides on a country-by-country basis details of:
- Top suppliers of polymer components:
- For module manufacturing
- For back sheets
- Substrate suppliers
- Glass replacement/front sheet suppliers
- Polymer frame manufacturers
- Sealant and adhesive suppliers
- Cable suppliers serving the photovoltaic industry
- Suppliers of photoelectric polymers for organic photovoltaics
- Manufacturing equipment suppliers (thin film production lines and laminators)
- Manufacturers of modules (by country)
- Manufacturers of thin film photovoltaics (by country).
Front sheet materials, encapsulants, thin film substrates, photoactive layers, support casings, back sheet materials, high performance seals, adhesives, glass replacement.
Market analysis is by region as follows:China, North East Asia, South East Asia, Indican sub-continent, Middle East/Africa, Europe, North America and Latin America
Subscribers will receive two printed copies and one PDF copy of the report.
To receive our detailed proposal, sample pages or for further information please click the Enquire/Order button above.
Tell a friend about this product or print this page