Plastic hot and cold water pipe systems in Europe
Date of published: March 2014
Much has occurred since the latest edition (2008) of AMI Consulting’s ‘Hot & Cold Water Pipes’ report.
While Europe’s construction industry in general has suffered heavily from the effects of the economic crisis, there were large differences between the various European countries and regions. Even more importantly, the recovery trajectory of various countries and regions is starkly different: some countries appear to be well on their way to recovery and are likely to experience significant growth in the next years; others are lingering in stagnation and are likely to only very slowly ‘crawl’ out of the woods.
Perhaps more than ever before, the European plastic pipes industry is presented with a mixture of challenges and opportunities.
In comparison to the previous edition, the scope of the current project has been expanded to include District Heating & Cooling as an additional application.
SECTION 1: DEMAND FOR PIPES – REGIONAL ANALYSIS
SECTION 2: THE MARKET FOR HOT & COLD WATER PIPES – BY APPLICATION
- Water plumbing
- Radiator connections
- Surface heating and cooling
- District heating and cooling
SECTION 3: PIPE SUPPLY REVIEW
- The supply chain
- System suppliers and strategic positions
- Manufacturing sites
SECTION 4: THE MARKET FOR PLASTIC RAW MATERIALS FOR PIPES
- Materials for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX)
- Polypropylene Random Copolymer (PPr)
- Chlorinated Poly(vinyl-chloride) (PVCc)
- Polyethylene of Raised Temperature Resistance (PErt)
SECTION 5: TECHNOLOGY
- Technology trends in pipe, fitting and system design
- Manufacturing technology
- Material technology
- Materials for PEX pipes
- Materials for Multilayer-M pipes
- Other plastic materials
- End-user requirements
- Innovation – the way forward
Application scope and segmentation
The study encompasses the following application segments:
- Hot & cold water plumbing pipes
- Radiator connection pipes
- Underfloor and related climate control systems
- District heating and cooling pipes
The demand for fittings and accessories is also quantified, as an additional ‘application’.
The study includes the following systems:
- PPr (including PPrct)
- Multilayer-M systems
The study provides market data for the years 2007-2013 and forecasts to 2018.
Geographical scope and segmentation
For the purpose of this report, Europe is defined as the European Union (28 countries) as well as Iceland, Norway and Switzerland. To enable meaningful analysis, the 31 countries were divided among the following Geo-Economic Segments:
- Austria, Germany, Switzerland
- Ireland, United Kingdom
- Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta
- Portugal, Spain
- Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
- Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden
- Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
For more details on prices, please contact us.
Subscribers will receive two printed copies of the report and a CD-ROM containing an electronic version of the report, as well as spreadsheets with the main quantitative information as a single user license.
To receive our detailed proposal, sample pages or for further information please click the Enquire/Order button above.
Plastic Pipes in Infrastructure 2017 - Trends in the design, production, installation and exploitation of plastic pipes systems
25 - 26 April 2017, Hilton Kensington, London, UK
Tell a friend about this product or print this page