Thin Wall Packaging Europe 2023
Published: March 2023
Thin Wall Packaging in Europe remains comparatively fragmented, but the consolidation is on-going and at pace. Only by probing into the activity of both large and smaller producers can the size and structure of demand be properly demonstrated, and the variations by end-use application highlighted. This depth of analysis serves to highlight opportunities and threats by end-use application and provides insight into winning supplier strategies. A clear business definition and portfolio strategy are fundamental in exploiting the forward opportunity, based on:
- Consumer trends impacting the demand for packaged goods
- Current and future demand by application within country. The data will be segmented by type of polymer consumed
- Structure of supply within each application segment including structural change within the segment and geographical distribution
- Current and future demand within each application segment. Special attention will be paid to the drivers of future demand including inter-polymer competition
- Any emerging end-use application niches within the wider market scope
- Potential propositions provided by new products/technologies and the criticalities in their commercial development
The study focuses on thin wall packaging, defined as rigid plastic thermoformed or injection moulded containers and lids for food and non-food consumer goods.
For the purposes of this study, the market is divided into eleven major end-use applications, as follows:
- Chilled dairy
- Catering and disposables
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat, fish and poultry
- Frozen food and ice-cream
- Bakery, confectionery and snacks
- Yellow fats
- Chilled ready meals and meal components
- Other ambient foods (long-life)
- Non-food applications
The principle plastics used to manufacture thin wall packaging in Europe are PS, PP, PET and PVC. The report focuses on the following five polymer groups:
- PS (but expanded polystyrene is excluded)
- Other (PLA, HDPE, ABS, PC, EVOH, PA)
- Sheet extrusion and thermoforming
- Injection moulding
Volumes is expressed in metric tonnes or 1,000 metric tonnes and reported for 2017, 2022 and forecasts for 2027.
The study covers the thin wall packaging market within 28 EU countries + Norway, Switzerland, and Croatia.
Individual data is provided for France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, Spain, other Western Europe, Poland, and other Central Europe.
Get more info
To receive the report proposal, sample pages and more information, contact us today.
Related market intelligence
MagazineFilm and Sheet Extrusion MagazineInjection World DatabaseInjection Moulders EMEA DatabaseSheet Extruders Europe Market ReportGlobal Thin Wall Packaging 2020 Market ReportSingle Serve Capsules - Global Market Overview 2022 Market ReportRigid Polyolefin Recycling in Europe 2019
ConferenceThin Wall Packaging North America
20-21 June 2023 | Chicago, IL, USA
ExhibitionInjection Molding and Design Expo
20-21 September 2023 | Novi, MI, USA
ConferenceThin Wall Packaging Europe
28-29 November 2023 | Cologne, Germany
Press releaseSustainability led investment maintains growth in European thin wall packaging20 March 2023 Press releaseAMI Plastics World Expos attract record numbers in Cleveland2 December 2022 Press releaseDates and venue announced for Injection Molding and Design Expo 202320 July 2022